finding the beauty in life

Friday, December 7, 2012

CHRISTMAS WREATH DIY

So guess what guys!! I DIY'd. This was my first attempt at doing a DIY project that I had found on pinterest, and though I did burn myself with the glue gun I managed to turn a plain old wire hanger and some extra christmas decorations into something beautiful. I went from this...

To This...

Tools
  • Wire Hanger
  • Christmas Ball Ornaments
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors( If you need to cute ribbon)
  • Glue Gun( To addd Decorations to Ribbon)


Step One: Unwind a wire hanger.
Step Two: Shape it into a circle the best you can.
Step Three: Slide ornaments onto the hanger using the whole which is usually used for ornament hooks.
Step Four: Once you've added your ornaments twist the hanger ends back together, leaving enough room to allow the hanger to be hung on a door. (for me this involved a lot of trial and error)
OPTIONAL-Wrap a piece of ribbon around the neck of the hanger
Step Five: Decorate the hanger with a bow using any ribbon you may have. This step also helps to cover the twists in the hanger. I used a glue gun to stick the bow onto the hanger and then added a smaller bow at the front. 
OPTIONAL-You can also use a glue gun to join the bulbs together so they can stay in place. I didn't find this step necessary, as the bulbs stayed in place without it.

YOUR DONE!

Share:

1 comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig