finding the beauty in life

Thursday, January 24, 2013

CLEANSER HELL-CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL


What can I say about Cetaphil, the original formulation of this cleanser practically has a cult following. Heck, it was even the first cleanser my mom gave me when I reached the age where skin care was something that I needed to pay attention to. So I was very interested in trying Cetaphil Dermacontrol which, is targeted to people with more oily skin. My skin tends to be a little more oily throughout my T-zone so i thought that this product would be a great way to control oil, while not drying out my skin, which the product promised to do.

Oil Control Foam Wash is clinically proven to effectively remove excess oil, impurities and make-up that can clog pores and lead to breakouts.

The first day i used this product I was extremely satisfied with the results, my skin was visibly less oily and it still felt moisturized. The second day using this product was like a skin care trip to hell. My skin was extremely, extremely dry and appeared to be pealing. I know with most skin care products you have to give your skin time to get used to a new cleanser, so generally things get worse before they get better, but that was not the case here. After a week of using this product my skin was dry, with no end in site, and I had a full blown breakout all over my skin. I believe the break was due to my skin trying to make natural oils to compensate for the drying caused by the product, therefore my pores were working so hard they became clogged, which lead to a breakout. 

I would definitely recommend that you use this product ONLY if your skin is oily all over and not just in the T-zone are. If your looking to just combat oil in your T-zone I would stray away from this product as I believe, it is to be used for cases where the person has severely oily skin. If your interested in trying a gentle everyday cleanser check out Cetaphils regular facial cleanser.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OF PRODUCTS I SHOULD TRY :)
XO.KESHA
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig