finding the beauty in life

Friday, February 8, 2013

NATURAL TOUCH?

When it comes to Foundation I am a full coverage girl whole heartedly. You call out names like MAC, Makeup Forever, and NARS and I have tried them all, I like my face flawless and matte, and I mean for the prices that these brands retail for, who wouldn't want flawless perfection?




14 Shades
Lightweight, luxurious
Hints of natural jojoba, rosehip & sea buckthorn extractsSPF 10

I was really excited when I first saw this CoverGirl Foundation at Target, as I have personally never tried a drugstore foundation and I was looking for a cheaper and lighter alternative to my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

After testing out this foundation on my hand in the store I decided to pick it up and give it a try.

There was a selection of 14 different shades, and though that is a wide selection, I personally believe that they didn't offer enough shades for women of colour. The very first thing I noticed about this foundation is that to me personally, it smells absolutely horrible. It's not even one of those smells that you can get used to throughout the day it just absolutely stinks. The foundation definitely offers light coverage, so it's not for someone who is looking to fully cover up all the imperfections on their face. To see how this foundation really worked I applied it without a setting powder, and let me tell you that was a huge mistake. This foundation had my face looking like an oil rig by the end of the day, so if you have oily skin I would suggest, a setting powder, primer, or to not wear the foundation at all.

I really had high hopes for this foundation since it was my first drugstore buy! Unfortunately the smell and the fact that you could probably fry something on the oil on my face means that for me this foundation is a no go. I would really love to find a great drugstore foundation so I would love any suggestions!
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY DRUGSTORE SUGGESTIONS
xo Kesha
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig