finding the beauty in life

Friday, April 25, 2014

the SHAMPOO




A while back I was in the market for a new shampoo. I was pretty happy with the length of my hair and my hair health but i decided that my hair was starting to look a little damaged and dry so it would be a good idea to give a new shampoo and conditioner a try! On my quest to my new shampoo and conditioner I made my first mistake by going to Shoppers Drug Mart , now I know that  you can't necessarily expect every cosmetician/ beauty boutique expert to be an expert at everything BUT there are black people in Canada along with people of many different ethnicities...it wouldn't hurt  if the "expert" knew a little bit about African American hair. I mean I've come to terms with the fact that they will almost never have the darker shades of foundations at the Shoppers Drug Mart's in my area but geeze can us black girls get a little love in the hair department? 

So I put my faith in the supposed "expert" and she suggested the worst shampoo I have ever used in my life! Not only did this shampoo dry out my hair, it also damaged my hair so badly I had to cut off several inches of hair! I fully accept that sometimes a shampoo may just not work for you but I specifically asked for a shampoo that would be appropriate for African American hair which this shampoo clearly wasn't (in my case)! I would suggest that drugstores in Canada educate there employees more, so that they can actually help the people of many different ethnicities who live throughout Canada. 

On to the shampoo & conditioner ...

which promised to repair dull and damaged hair and for best results to then use the conditioner which will hydrate hair, smoothen frizz and soften brittle hair! Needless to say the shampoo did none of those things for me and as I said above it just made my hair extremely worse. Unfortunately because of my experience with this shampoo I will not be purchasing any products from Marc Anthony in the future!

Have you tried Marc Anthony products?
Which ones?  Did they work for you ?
xo.Kesha
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig