finding the beauty in life

Sunday, October 12, 2014

the GIFT WITH PURCHASE

beauty

Recently I took a trip to The Bay to stop by the Clinique counter ( on a side note I really don't feel that The Bay gets the credit it deserves for carrying some amazing high end cosmetic brands and fabulous fashion, at least in my itty bitty opinion) back to the important pot at hand. I went to The Bay to pick something up from the Clinique counter and I was fabulously surprised when I received a gift after making my purchase. When I first dipped into the bag I was quite skeptical as I didn't really believe  that anything offered would appeal to me but, I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and had a good chance to look at the products. 

cosmetics
  
First, lets talk about the beautiful makeup bag that the products came in! I feel like Clinique is one of the brands that does a really good job of rewarding their customers, case and point, this fabulous makeup bag. The bag includes an eyeshadow palette, clinique chubby stick, high impact mascara, eye makeup remover, clinique moisture surge and last but not least dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I haven't been able to try all the products but here is my brief thoughts on the things I've tried thus far. 

Eye Makeup Remover- I tried this to remove a full eyeshadow look, complete with mascara and, I still had to go back with my trusty Bioderma to finish the job. It got rid of the eyeshadow, unfortunately it just didn't work on the mascara.

Cinique High Impact Mascara- I have been wanting to try this mascara for the longest time. I really loved the way it made my eyelashes look but, I think this mascara will work a lot better once it dries out a little more because, while it did lengthen my eyelashes and give it that, "high impact" look,  it was just a little overly wet for my taste. 

Clinique Chubby Stick- Two words to describe this products- NO PIGMENT. I will have to try it a little more to see if it keeps your lips moist throughout the day but, it for sure does not offer any colour pay off. 

Clinique Moisture Surge- This product which is supposed to feel like a gel, actually felt great going on the skin. Having applied the product onto my face before bed, when i woke up my face truly felt moisturized and nourished. I would definitely purchase a full sized Moisture Surge.

So, there you have it my mini review of the products I got, as a gift with purchase from Clinique. I will certainly  try the rest of the products and let you guys know how it works out. I hope you have enjoyed this mini review. 
xo Kesha 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig