finding the beauty in life

Friday, September 11, 2015

MENTAL HEALTH & LIFE UPDATE



I have always been incredibly open on this blog, especially when it comes to my mental health struggle. In the past I have talked about my mental health but, I have never adressed what steps I'm taking to improve my struggle. Unfortunately, as much as I realized I needed to get help I have always either a. given up ( on counselling or cbt) or b. stopped taking medication prescribed to me by physicians. I don't know if turning twenty five had anything to do with it, or the current personal struggles in my life, but I am no longer willing to accept the mediocre. On a journey to better my mental health I have taken a medical leave from work and am currently waiting to get back into a CBT program. The reason I am sharing this is because I know that more often then not it becomes extremely difficult when your going through mental health struggles and you just want to give up. But it is important to know and recognize how much strength it takes to even admit to yourself that you have a probem, and to seek help for it. It is such a beautiful moment when you realize that you need help and you take the steps to get it. For me I have realized that there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy, and I can no longer let my mental health hold me back from that happiness.


- Kesha xo



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig