finding the beauty in life

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

PREGNANCY DIARY- GESTATIONAL DIABETES





The moment I found out I had Gestational Diabetes I was absolutely heartbroken. The early months of my pregnancy had been so difficult, but the second trimester and the beginning of the third had been going so well I didnt think anything bad could happen. The first thing going through my mind was  once again, I had failed my baby, and there were a lot of tears of frustration to reflect those feelings. I got the news on a Friday, so it left me with a lot of time to google and overthink before i was able to see a doctor. I'm happy to say that with the help of my doctor and the Diabetes Association of Canada ( thank you internet !!) , I am lot more educated on what it means to have Gestational Diabetes. I will also be attending a one on one session at my local diabetes centre, where I will get some guidance on the lifestyle and dietary changes i'll need to make for the remainder of my pregnancy.With just the basic information I have gotten from my doctor, I have made an effort to cut out all junk food
(goodbye Orange Crush pregnancy cravings) and do some form of daily light excersise. In the weeks to come I know my willpower will be tested, especially when it comes to cravings, but I know that the changes I make will be important for my sweet baby.  I'll definitely keep you guys up to date on my journey.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig